View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
(female)

StilettoDreams HB User
Brostrom-Gould modified... What should I expect?

Hi! I am extremely new to this board, however it had been the most helpful to me in my search for information about the brostrom procedure. I found out this past Thursday that I will need to have the brostrom-gould procedure to repair my ankle (one too many sprains is the price you pay for 3/4 of a lifetime of competitive cheerleading). My Dr's are wonderful and really took the time to explain why I needed the surgery. To summarize, the best comparison I could give is my right ankle is to a stable ankle as Linda Blair's neck (during the exorcism scene in the exorcist) is to a normal neck... That flexible for lack of a better term. I will going back to the DR this Monday to have the "surgery" talk and schedule the actual surgery date. My question is what should I be asking my dr? What has been the most helpful advice you have received? What should I know and what should I expect? Truth be told I felt pretty secure in my knowledge of this procedure until I started reading this board and had the quick realization that I know aboslutely nothing!

Additional information- I am 30, do not live alone and do not have children. My home is not wheelchair compatible but will be able to accommodate a knee wheeler. I am easily bored and have a Hercules complex believing that I could be back at work, weight baring (being on my feet is 90% of my job) within 4-5 weeks.