View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #2
(female)

drowning75 HB User
Re: Overcoming Morphine dependency

Hey there Dan. Congrats to your partner for getting through 5 months morphine free. Sorry to hear he is still experiencing the restless leg syndrome. This is usually one of the hardest parts of withdrawl because it makes falling asleep virtually impossible. I am also suffering through withdrawl after being clean since January with the exception of 2 relapses that lasted 3 days and 1 day. My last relapse was only one Morphine tab but I started experiencing horrible withdrawl symptoms all over again so I can really feel for your partner! Their are loads of things you can try for his RLS(the creepy feeling in his legs). Just google restless leg syndrome home remedies and you should come up with tons of stuff. Has he tried soaking in a hot bath during the creepy feelings? A heating pad can sometimes help as well. These are just small examples that may offer a little relief. I have read about vitamin and herbal supplements you can take as well. If you visit your doctor and tell him about the creepy feeling/Restless leg syndrome he may prescribe something for you. Don't let the name fool you. The RLS accounts for arms as well. I took a prescribed benzo(short term to avoid addiction) for mine but they only lasted a week although I occasionally get them now and again. I really hope he feels better and I know those creepy feelings are like horrible torture. I will say a little prayer for your guy and hope things get better.