View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
(female)

Sammi Jo HB User
Re: Has anyone had a peripheral Iridotomy?

I just had one two weeks ago, both eyes,, two weeks apart. It seemed to go well and then my pressure went up in the first eye and I was given Combigan drops to bring the pressure down. It worked well and all seemed ok w/right eye. Had the left eye done and when I went back for follow-up the pressure was 46! It should be 20 or below. So it was determined that the FML (steroid) drops I was using to prevent inflamation was causing the pressure spikes. I went off the FML drops and the inflamation returned. Now I am doing both kind of drops and I hope that clears the problem. The area above my right eye has a continual "headache" that nothing seems to take it away. They say it should not be related to the procedure, but it is strange that I never had that problem before.
So, having the procedure is no big deal, just some pressure from the laser and a giant headache from the drops they put in your eyes before the procedure. Be sure you have a good doctor. Would I do it again? Not sure, have to wait to see how it all turns out.
Sammi Jo