View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 02:05 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User
Re: mid brain stroke

Yes it sounds so similar to my stroke. Tell him not to lose faith. The reason he fell over in the snow is probably because of balance. My balance was terrible untill recently because I have been doing yoga. There is one stance in particular that works on balance. Actually there are a lot of yoga steps that work on balance. Look up yoga for seniors because most of them are poses we can do and over time they are very good and make us stronger. I went from wheel chair to walker to cane. And now sometimes I dont need my cane because I am stronger and my balance is much better.
The memory thing OH I can so relate and again it is something that will get better and better. Dont loose faith.
Its very strange how his speech tic and my hand tremor occured after the stroke. Our bodies are a mystery. Tell your husband to continue to work on his strength and his relaxation. Find a comforting place in the house, surround it with your favourit things and go there 10 times a day if you have to, to get calm and find peace. I did that as part of my recovery and at first I was in that spot all the time. Now I go there maybe 4 x a day. Progression is slow as long as you dont give up. Tell him Please dont give up. It will get better. I am 2 years this june and one year ago I was nothing like I am now.
Good Luck God Bless Mulchie