View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
(female)

nitney HB User
Question Im 25, Smoke 1pk per day, could this be lung cancer? Please Help

Hey! I am new to this site but am glad that i found it. I am 25 years old and a mommy to 3 (7,5, 4mth) wonderful children. For a few months now I have had pain between my shoulder blades. Sometimes it feels like i just need to pop my back, I also have the same kind of pain in my Neck. I have to pop my neck now to get any relief from it. I also can press on my chest on the left upper side and can actually feel the pain in my left shoulder blade. Anyway, recently I have been having some wheezing in my larynx on inspiration and deep expiration. I get short of breath pretty easily, but I thought it was due to asthma. Now I am experiencing like popping bubbles (maybe like rice crispies sounds - thats how my lung feels) in the left lower lobe on deep inspiration. This only lasted but a few minutes but I am in nursing school so when I felt it I grabbed my steth. and listened to what I felt. Well, When I breathed in very deeply it almost sounded as if someone was saying HHHHHEEEEEYYYYYYY. and started softly then got really loud. I immediately started to deep breathe and cough and after a few minutes it went away. then I felt it and heard it in the LLL. I just went to the doctor about 3 weeks ago because I was feeling terrible and had a horrible cough, mild temp, muscle cramps, and this same pain minus the stuff I can now feel in my lungs. He said I had a URI and that at that time my lungs sounded very good. I was prescribed a Z pak which didn't work. I have brownish colored sputum but not everytime I cough. And I don't have like a persistant cough so to speak but it is very dry. When I lay down I cough bc I cna't breathe. I have been trying to quit smoking and Today was my last day. I am really freaked out about this. I read all this stuff and i just wonder, could i have LC? or could it be something different. I will say that I had to have a C-XR in August of 2011 for TB test because I was pregnant and they didn't say anythign to me back then but I can remember having heavy lungs back then...... Can Anyone who has some knowledge please help me?