Thread: cpap vs surgery
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
(male)

renegaderob18 HB Userrenegaderob18 HB Userrenegaderob18 HB User
cpap vs surgery

I have been using a cpap machine for 2 months now. It is one that has a warming area for the water so I can set it from 1-5. Anyway I wake up 3-5 times during the night because of very very dry mouth. The doc said it on 5 and it should helped, but I've tried 1-5 and it hasn't helped. I am sleeping better since the cpap machine, but I am still tired when waking up, so the doc wants to try a bipap machine. I am willing to try it, but they want to do another over night sleep study. I am not able to sleep at all with all the wires on. My question is has anyone tried the bipap machine and is so is it better then the cpap for severe dry mouth or is surgery a better option to open my airways and would surgery work? I stop breathing 36 times an hour I was told by the doc so I have severe sleep apnea. I am just trying to find my best options. My other worry is if I decide to stay with a cpap or a bipap I don't know if later down the road if I will have the money to replace one, so thats why I'm asking about if surgery may be better. I would love to hear your opinions. Any help I would appreciate.