Thread: Hair Loss
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #5
(female)

Knot HB User
Re: Hair Loss

Hi, You know I have heard that silica is supposed to help with this problem but haven't tried it myself. I'm not sure if the Biotin is helping or not. My hair loss seems to be worsening at the moment. My hair has seemed to improve as far as dryness goes though. Like you I have always had very thick hair with lots of shine and body. It's nothing like it used to be. I have been using Nioxin shampoo but I haven't found it to be of much benefit. My Dermatologist doesn't recommend it as anything that will help. I have heard that sulfates can cause hair loss, so my next step is to try a sulfate free shampoo. My hair loss had been much less about a month ago. Not sure what is going on. It seems to be concentrated on the left side of my head. I suppose in the back of my mind I think "what if it's female pattern baldness?" It doesn't run in my family. But who knows... I see my Rheumy next week. I'll see what he thinks my next step is. The most recent thing I have noticed is that my nails are starting to split and peel. My nails have always been strong and grew very fast. I am an avid gardener and very rarely had a split nail, and now they have turned to "crap" too. Frustrating... but not nearly as much so as the hair. If your mouth is dry you may want to try a product called "Mouth Kote" It's a spray and I keep it in my night stand. It's handy when you wake up with a really dry mouth in the night.
Hope something here will help... any info you can share will be very appreciated Thanks... Knot!