View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Pain in Vaginal area and burning and pain in rectum

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaluser View Post
Hi, I am new to this forum. I am having some problems with pressure and pain in my vaginal area along with sharp pains and burning in my rectal area. I am 47 years old, married for 26 years and have had one child by c-section. I had to have 2 cysts removed before having Hysterectomy due to Endometriosis in 1999. Sexual intercourse has always been a little painful but is really more so now which I have attributed to vaginal dryness from Menopause. My Gynocologist put me on everyday use of Miralax a couple years ago due to a water cyst where a very tiny portion of my Cervix was left due to scarring from prior surgeries. If I don't use the Miralax I do have some nausea and discomfort the next day. I also have a few gall stones but was told by Gastroenterologist that they could not be causing me Vaginal pain. I was diagnosed many years ago with IBS. This problem seems to be increasing and I have discussed with my Primary Care Physician but have gotten no answers. I feel bloated alot, nauseous occassionally and very uncomfortable sitting sometimes. I was told several years ago that I did have hemorrhoids also. I have not had blood in my stool with these new symptoms and I had Endoscopy last year and Colonoscopy about 3 years ago. I take Methotrexate for Rheumatoid Arthritis and Synthroid for Thyroid issues. Has anyone else had these type of symptoms and or been diagnosed. One note: I had some vaginal pain and pressure before I had Endometriosis but my Gynocologist doesn't believe I could be having pain this time from that as both ovaries have been removed. Thanks!

Hi,
I'm not sure how to answer some of your symptoms but I have IBS and suffer awful bloating and Nausea so you are not unusual there.
Regarding Vaginal Dryness due to Menopause, I highly recommend "Vagifem Vaginal Pessaries" (Prescription Only) where I live. I have been on them for two years and they have worked really well for me.
Sorry I cant help with your other symptoms,

Solofelix.

The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
generaluser (04-13-2012)