View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 01:50 AM   #1
(female)

Jazmin7 HB User
What do I do? I'm a 23 year old orphan.

So my Dad died about a year ago. My mom died 8 years ago. I have a little sister who is taking it really hard. She is 19. I don't know what to to do to help her. I'm trying my best. I talk to her every day and tell her that I love her all the time. She is depressed and talks about hurting herself. She doesn't believe in herself. I tell her that she is smart and talented and beautiful and I really do believe it but she doesn't.

I miss my Dad so much. He was my best friend. My everything. He was always there for me and was such an amazing person. It's not fair that we have to go through this. I'm a good person. I pray and believe in God. I try my best every day to make good choices. It's so hard though. I just don't know what to do sometimes. I don't have a very good support system, it's mostly made up of a few people my age. My relatives don't seem to care about me.

I don't know what to do. I'm trying really hard to help my sister while still trying to keep my life on track. I give her everything I have. I can't even have a good time without feeling guilty that she's having such a hard time. She lives a couple of hours away from me right now and I told her she could come and live with me until she can get a job and a place of her own up here since her living situation right now is no good, but she doesn't have confidence in her self. I know she can do it but I don't want her to come out here and then just give up and feel like a failure.

I guess I'm just hoping for some advice on what to do. Is there anyone out there who went through a simular situation? It's so hard since I'm so young. I don't feel how a 23 year old should. It's so unfair...

The following user gives a hug of support to Jazmin7:
sstinson24 (04-17-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Jazmin7 For This Useful Post:
siddharthsid (11-01-2012)