View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #43
Senior Veteran
(female)

CadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB User
Re: Girlfriend of 4 years lied & cheated, wants me back

Whatever you've been reading, it's pretty spot-on.

She wants what SHE wants and doesn't care about what anyone else wants. Those kind of people seldom "change" because why would they? It's always worked to get them what they want, so there is absolutely no motivation to "change". They will always find someone whose self-esteem is low enough that making them happy is their only reason to exist. Selfish people pick up on that and use it to their own advantage. Then, when they come across someone who WON'T give in to their every whim, they accuse that person of not loving them or of being "mean". They feel it's horribly unfair when they don't get exactly what they want. They cry big crocodile tears, but their tears are for themselves only. They are incapable of caring for anyone other than themselves.

Yep, I've encountered people like this. And I stay far, far away. To go back for more of that is digging your own emotional grave.