View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 02:59 AM   #1
(female)

AutumnRose92 HB User
My headaches are really scaring me.

Hi all,

I must admit I have already placed a similar post in the 'Brain Tumours' section of this site- I am a little obsessed/paranoid with it. I was hoping someone on the forum might be able to tell me whether I have a reason to be concerned or whether there is another likely cause.

So, I have to start 5 1/2 years ago- when I was 15 I started getting sharp head pains that lasted anywhere from 5 seconds to 5 minutes and then they would go again, I would get them most days- anywhere from once to 100 times a day (quite literally). But as a terrified teenager I didn't tell anyone and never went to see a doc. They have been happening ever since and they are so 'normal' for me that I generally don't even notice.

HOWEVER, more recently (maybe 3 months?!) I have noticed they have been getting worse. I have also been having other headaches- tension type headaches across my forehead and the back of my head as well as some unilateral head pain. Not a day goes by when I don't have some sort of head pain. I have noticed that moving aggravates my headache and sometimes seems to cause it (and by moving I don't mean anything vigorous- literally just walking- it's like the thud of a footstep 'thuds' in my brain).
On top of this I have developed painful spots on my head- there are parts of my head that are painful to press on (press not touch so I am pretty sure it is related to my head and not my scalp). I have a near permanent one at the back of my head but then I develop other painful spots that come and go all over my head.

I can't seem to find a cause that satisfies EVERYTHING that is wrong- apart from a brain tumour. Which is why I am now terrified!! The only thing that is vaguely comforting is that I have been having problems with head pain on and off for years- I mean if I had, had a brain tumour for 5 1/2 years wouldn't I have dropped dead by now? (sorry for being so crude).

I do have a few other 'symptoms'- I have been suffering from intermittent nausea for years and I also get occassional 'tingling' sensations in parts of my face. And my eyelid twitches from time to time.

I did see a GP the other week- he suggested dehydration or tension headaches but neither diagnosis satisfies me, so I probably need a second opinion.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Does anyone have any experience of brain tumours- does this sound familiar? Or does anyone generally have any suggestions as to what could be going on?

Thank-you in advance for your help and apologies for the rather extensive post!!