View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
(male)

04chris HB User
Question Can this be Prostate Cancer? Thread #2

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

Hi all

(actually, the title of this should be "can this be prostate cancer bone metastasis?" -- sorry

Age = 68. I have had prostate cancer for probably >4 years. A little less than 3 years ago I had a radical prostatectomy (RP) (Gleason = 3+4). Six months after the RP my PSA = 25.0. Two and 1/2 years after the RP my PSA = 5.0. A set of monthly PSA tests showed a gradual decline to PSA = 5.0. (I have used a whole bunch of natural supplements and continued to take a full prescription of Androgel testosterone over this period.) A recent bone scan was negative. I begun having lower back pain. I went to an orthopedic doctor who prescribed an MRI. The results showed the L4-L5 region with severe central canal stenosis (narrowing), severe degeneration, and a cyst. Back pain has continued to increase.

Has anyone else on this board had a similar experience with MRI tests? Does this sound like I have PCa bone metastasis? I'll be seeing an oncologist this week and the orthopedist next week (I am looking forward to hearing their analysis).

Last edited by mod85; 04-22-2012 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Wrong title & forgot to put down my age