View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 05:19 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

goingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB User
Re: Partner had stroke

Gíday Vonbon1,
Welcome, I hope you are as well as can be. Sound like your partner is doing well for the short time heís been in recovery. No one really knows how long or if youíll make a full recovery.
I had a clot in the brain stem, in March 2010, they told my wife ďif he lives heíll never walkĒ, well two years and a lot of heart ache, Iím walking, driving, and got a job although Iím nowhere near 100% Iím grateful for my recovery so far.
Itís good that heís stubborn, sounds like heís fighter, and thatís a good way to be. All the symptoms you mentioned are common in stroke patients. Strokes are very frighting, in a instant your world is turned upside down and inside out, you are left confused and disoriented. What you considered normal has gone out the window and you are left with this new you, you donít even know.
Find a good therapy team and get into regular therapy, and stick to the routine. All recovery takes time, remember slow and steady. There will be times you take one step forward the two steps back, but donít be discouraged.
Every stroke is different from the other, not one stroke is the same as the other. You canít play the comparison game.
I have trouble controlling my emotions, crying one minute then laughing the next. Control of my emotions has not improved but Iím sure it will, give it time. It takes time and courage to fight on, never lose hope.
Hope to hear from you soon with some goods news. Please keep in touch. God bless.

George

Last edited by goingtorun; 04-24-2012 at 05:22 AM.