View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 06:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User
Re: Am I Doing the Right Thing?

I have a sister like that and a Mom who supports her. Althought they have no mental issues but they do have some suspicion issue that they like to accuse people and do things like co-dependency and expect everyone else does the same or people are always corrected by my sis.

You don't have to give in. Yes, you may want to be political with Mom and Sis since it is your family. If you don't want to upset Mom, you may want to pamper her saying you are doing what you can.
But if Sis comes to make you mentally ill, don't give in. She would not understand why it is about mental illness because she is in it herself.

I am a Christian too. I believe we have to find a way out - not her way but our way or God's way. We need not to respond meanly but we can respond gently and ignore her mean comments or attitude. You have to stand on your ground knowing that you are doing the healthy thing.

Hugs,
Nina