View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
(female)

sarzacsmom HB User
Active Isolated Stretching

Has anyone ever used this type of therapy for cervical radiacolopathy (I know I didnt' get that one spelled right). My issue is degenerative disc disease with herniations at c4/c5 and c7. Mostly C4 causing extreme pain through neck, shoulders and radiating down left arm causing pain and tingling in hand and fingers. Been doing PT for 3 weeks now, along with over the counter anti inflammatory and strongest pain meds I can take without being in the hospital. I am currently out on medical leave from my job as a preschool teacher, and am unable ti interact with my grandchildren the way I would like. I'm tired of living in a fog and I'm tired of being in pain. I am currently being seen by neurosurgeons and have been told that chiropractors won't touch me due to the extreme encroachment on the spinal cord. Trying desperately to avoid surgery for the same reason. Currently doing PT for 3 weeks, consisiting of ultrasound and cold therapies, manual traction, massage, wearing a neck collar and doing mechanical traction at home along with cold therapy and some stretching. I've recently come across some information on Acitve Isolated Stretching and it sounds very interesting to me and I'm seriously considering trying it. Just wondering if anyone else out there has tired it for these type of issues and what their results were.