View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
(female)

tiffanie39 HB User
Hysterectomy VS. IUD

Hi, I'm a 39 yr. old mother of 2 (ages 12 & 17). I have NO INTENTIONS of having anymore children. Friday the 20th I had a Hysteroscopy and D&D done. No cancer, Praise God !!! My dr. is now wanting me to have an IUD. I DON'T do well w/ IUD's or birth control. The Depo Provera shot made me mean !!! I don't want to have to worry about cancer anymore. I do have a family history of female issues. My grandmother and mother had to have a hysterectomy ~ my sister just had a partial hysterectomy about 3 weeks ago. I don't want anything implanted in me just to take it out later. The dr. wants me to have the Mirena IUD. I want a hysterectomy and just get it over with and not have to worry w/ what all I've went thru over the last couple of months. My dr. just doesn't understand. How or what do I do? I desperately need some advice. Do I get a 2nd opinion? I'm still cramping and bleeding and I've been running a low grade fever for the last few days now. I feel crummy. I thought I was suppose to feel better????? What do I do?