View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 01:27 AM   #5
(male)

PainMgt HB User
Re: Repressed memories of childhood sexual abuse surfacing

Sounds like its time for a new therapist. Not everybody with a paper diploma in a picture frame hanging on their wall is cut out to be counselor/therapist/psychologist. After reading your first post, kinda sounds like something that happened to me when I was that age except it was an older neighbor girl that took advantage of me. As well as some babysitter's houses that I had to spend the night at.

That was many, many years ago. I don't like to think or talk about it, but that's just me and who I am. In fact I have never told anyone except my mom right after she picked me up from the babysitter the next morning that one and only time. So where am I going with this? I moved on with my life. I had several girlfriends and other than that neighbor girl episode. I was a virgin when I met/married my wife. Don't know what advise to offer you. Sounds like you are young, and have your life ahead of you. Don't be afraid of making new loving relationships, for the most part there is some one out there maybe two, three or four, meant to be with you, you just have to reach out and find them. You've heard about the 10% right? The ones that make everybody else look bad. The rapists, child molesters, thief's, etc..

A friend of mine sometimes says "Just live with the cards that are dealt to you," or something like that anyway. Which is something to ponder. The past is done with, time to live in the present, and plan for the future. If talking to somebody about your past helps you feel better about your present then so be it, but find someone that your words don't fall on deaf ears. Get treated and move on.