View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #1
(female)

samantha1966 HB User
Please help, I don't know whats happening to me

I probably sound so stupid, but I have googled my heart out and I have now taken up knitting to keep my mind off everything, 8 weeks ago I was diagnosed with under active thyroid, I am at my wits end, I feel so tired, my hands are agony, I have the most awful water retention all over, I am constantly wanting to wee(I am just having tests for this now), I keep crying, feeling very sorry for my self, as you do, I walk five miles in the evening after work every day, I eat very healthily, but I seem to be getting worse, I get so out of breath and wheezy, and the last week my walks seem to tire me out, my legs feel like ive run a marathon all day long every day. I am taking 75mcg of levo-thyroxine but doc has changed next prescription to eltroxin, I hope this will not make too much of a difference. I have gained 30 lbs in the last year and a half and what with the water retention and weeing constantly, I dont know how much more I can take, does anyone know how long it is gonna take before I feel better and how long before I start to see some weight loss, I am so fed up now, Im walking my legs off every night and have an active job so I know its not me over indulging, and its not just the weight thats getting me down, my legs and body ache all over, Sorry to go on but Im so low at the moment, am I trying to run before I can walk, am I expecting too much too soon..... god my hands hurt, um my tsh this time was 2.55, my t3 was 13.6 and t4 was 4.3 and doc says its normal but did tell me to take another 25mcg to bring it down a little further, so I will be on 100mcg, are these results good, Sorry for going on.