View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User
Re: Please help, I don't know whats happening to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha1966 View Post
Heres the results after taking 50mcg for 4 weeks
tsh 2.55 0..5 - 5.5
t4 4.3 10.5 - 20.0
t3 13.6 3.5 - 6.5

doc then gave me 75mcg, which is what I have been on for the last 4 weeks, having blood test in two weeks to check levels but in mean time I went back a few days ago complaining again and she said that I could have and extra 25mcg. So I will start 100mcg tomorrow.

Sorry for being so nutty.Have i written the wrong things in, do you think they are free t3 and free t4 result, if its ft4 and ft3 then are these the levels?

tsh 0.5 -5.5
ft4 0.8 - 1.8
ft3 2.3 - 4.2
Are you in UK (or Canada)? If you are those reference ranges on the top side can be for freeTs. The ref. ranges you have below are typical freeT ranges in US (different testing methods are used).

I still think you have the freeT results mixed When you switch them they start to make sense and reveal that they truly are on the low side.

Now you've only been on medication for 8 weeks altogether so the dose of 75 mcgs hasn't kicked in fully and there's a slight possibility that 100 mcgs is too much for You - but no need to worry, if your symptoms start to subside and no hyperthyroid symptoms start to appear you should be fine. If you overshoot your goal slightly just drop your dose a bit (to say 87.5 mcgs or day or 100 and 75 on alternating days). Have your labs taken after 6 weeks (not sooner) on a certain dose to see the full effect.

Last edited by FinnMaid; 04-28-2012 at 12:02 PM.