View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User
Re: Please help, I don't know whats happening to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha1966 View Post
ft3 230 - 420 which would mean that my ft3 is 136, making it low. would that make sense to you
Yes it would if that was the case but I don't think that's the case.

You know with hypoT those freeTs usually aren't very "off". I mean when hypoT is diagnosed FT4 is usually close to the bottom of the range or slightly below it, to see a FT4 level that low is very rare and it would be virtually impossible for it to be that low with a person on Eltroxin (or some other levothyroxine ie. synthetic T4 product).

With severe hypERthyroidism it could be possible to see such a high FT3 - but then again you're not hyperT and you're not having extreme hyperT symptoms.

The likeliest explanation is that somebody has mixed things up - when you switch those numbers they make perfect sense when now they don't. I would call the nurse to ask her to check this, with the lab if needed - it's possible the lab already mixed them up.

Last edited by FinnMaid; 04-28-2012 at 01:28 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to FinnMaid For This Useful Post:
samantha1966 (04-28-2012)