View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 06:14 AM   #4
(female)

circus*of*life HB User
Re: cin, ain, vin and vain...

Congratulations to you!!! When is your baby due? Boy or girl? I'm sorry to hear you're going through all the hpv issues and steroid possibilities, though. Hope you're doing ok!
I just went through a bad day Friday with our buddy AIN. I'm really concerned now. I live in Massachusetts and am lucky there's an onco doc here who does research in this field and has high resolution equipment, but my colorectal doc was supposed to make the referral 1 1/2 years ago, didn't, then I got busy with the baby (and maybe some denial), before noticing some skin tag changes and went back for eval). He sent me to this new doc, who did the staining procedure (had this done with laser 5 years ago also). I lit up like a Christmas tree, new lesions everywhere. She took multiple biopsies, then found an ulceration higher up as well, that the colo doc will have to evaluate. She's ordered imiquomod and I'm supposed to start today. Ive heard it hurts and burns horribly, but I'm willing to do what I can to get this dealt with. If it's even possible. I admit I'm scared to death waiting for the biopsy results. She kept assuring me it isn't cancer...yet. I just can't fight this off, and am sorry you're going through it as well. It's nice to know we're not alone, but as you said, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I'm hating this waiting right now, and mad at myself I didn't get in sooner.

The following user gives a hug of support to circus*of*life:
cherryade (04-29-2012)