View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #28
Inactive
(female)

Realhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB User
Re: Ready to say "screw it" to ALL dr's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzibenzi View Post

I have a few questions:
1) if the bone spur is on the right side, why is all the tingling on the left?
2) when they remove the bone spur will they want to fix the C5-6 that are squished together? I was hoping to just have the bone spur filed off and be on my merry way...lol
I think the problems are on the other side of the actual bone spur.

I'm going to tell you something. It took MONTHS before I had the surgery after the problems surfaced. Jenny is right-they will NOT do surgery if your only symptom is pain. I had to try all the conservative methods. It wasn't until a week before my surgery in January when I was diagnosed with progressive myelopathy. Before the surgery(that very same morning) my NS did a few neurological tests and I had lost some strength in my wrist extenders. That WASN'T there the week before-I just had some signs of nerve impingement. When I saw him in December my only problems were the pain and some sensory loss. So these things can creep up on a person fast.

It's really going to depend on the person you see-if he's the conservative type when it comes to treatment he might want to try the conservative methods first. Surgery is the last thing when it's just pain usually in their eyes.

I wish you well.

Last edited by Realhousewife; 04-29-2012 at 06:02 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Realhousewife For This Useful Post:
kenzibenzi (04-29-2012)