View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
(female)

BlueSapphire HB User
Unhappy Anyone know of Medications that help Depression other than Antidepressants?

If anyone has taken any medication other than antidepressants and had success, or if you know someone who has taken something, please give me information about the medication.

I've had problems with depression off and on all of my life, some years worse, some years better. Unfortunately, it got worse the last few months and I really don't know why.

I've went to doctors and been prescribed antidepressants. Sometimes I needed to switch to a different antidepressant, some helped, some didn't. Over about the past 10 years, the antidepressants don't seem to work at all but instead make me feel worse. Anyone else have this problem?

Sometimes I feel alone with this problem. I've had doctors almost get mad at me for not wanting to take the antidepressants they prescribed for me. It's like they didn't believe me when I told them the medicine made me feel worse. I even took them when they made me feel worse because they told me I had to give it time to work but after a month or a month and a half I eventually had to stop taking them because I couldn't function and handle my daily routines. I was struggling already and feeling worse was crazy! I even tried a new antidepressant last year hoping it would be different but it did the same thing. I got so tired and so depressed and again had to stop taking it.

I've heard of anticonvulsants used for depression. Anyone know anything about this?

The following user gives a hug of support to BlueSapphire:
elmianis (05-01-2012)