View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 05:47 AM   #3
(female)

JSand HB User
Re: Jaw pain after wisdom teeth extraction

Hi there Bichons.

My story sounds exactly the same as yours (other than I waited too long to have mine done). I've had all four wisdom teeth out; the top two were out but facing. my cheeks and the bottom two were horizontally impacted. I was swollen for a week, but the pain seemed to subside as the swelling went down. It's been 8 days since the surgery and the paid started getting worse again a couple of days ago. My surgeon has gone on holiday/vacation so I saw my dentist, who gave me Metronidazole as treatment for a suspected infection.

Anyway, that was the background, my point is that I'm suddenly getting a sharp pain in my chin, like a twinge, that sounds like the kind of thing you experienced.

I was wondering how long it took for you to get back to normal after your surgery and whether you ever got a definitive explanation for the pain?

By the way, I am very sorry to hear that you had to go through this too. I get the feeling that most people just expect me to 'pull myself together' and judge me based on their their experience of tooth removal - but everyone suffers differently; thank goodness for them

Last edited by JSand; 05-01-2012 at 05:50 AM.