View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 05:18 AM   #1
(female)

Twinkie50 HB UserTwinkie50 HB UserTwinkie50 HB User
Question I could use some expert advice!!!

Hi - my head is spinning looking for certain types of vitamins for several reasons. Been reading on-line - visiting my local health food store (felt they had no idea what they were talking about)...I've had great luck on these boards, so here goes!!!

I am 53 - going thru menopause - just had a bone density test which shows I have osteopenia in 4 sites of my spine and my left hip. I also have fibromyalgia, IBS, and had my thyroid removed 6 years ago. I have stomach issues with vitamins, supplements, etc. so I have to be careful what I take. My Vit. D levels were 4 a few years back - I take 5000iu's daily and I am in the low 30 range. I need to start taking calcium but in the past have found it really upsets my stomach. Right now I take Vit. D; Vit E; Vit B6, and B12, Magnesium Oxide which I now hear is not the best absorbed by any means and so my goal here is to find a calcium supplement that won't upset my stomach and is easy to swallow along with a better magnesium supplement.

I read about Coral Calcium ??? And, the different types of magnesium and see they really should be taken together with the Vit. D.

So any help here would be greatly appreciated. I also try to take vegan if possible with as few "additives" as possible. Thank you !! MaryAnn