View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
(female)

Regretful911 HB User
I think I'm overreacting...but how likely that I may have contracted HIV?

So about a week ago I was out with some friends. I believe had my drink drugged (I know this because I went from being sober to black out, rather than the gradual black out that comes from just drinking). Apparently (learned from a friend later) I was stumbling everywhere and was kicked out of the bar, so my friend put me in a cab and sent me on my way home.
My fear is I have NO, NONE, ZERO memory of leaving the club or getting home, and the journey in between. What I do know, however, is at some point I was kicked out of my first cab for being sick and had to get in to a second one. I only this this because apparently I told my mother this when I arrived home, but I did not tell her anything else such as being kicked out of the bar, so it's clear I only had a select memory even at the time of black out.

I'm afraid. I'm having some (likely irrational) fear that something might have happened to me on my way home that I've blacked out. Rape by a cab driver, or abduction/rape while I was at some random street waiting for a second cab. I didn't have bruising the next day or anything, and I know this is probably an unlikely fear, but still not having the memory makes me VERY AFRAID of the unknown.

IF I had been raped.......and say that person was HIV+, what would my chances be of contracting HIV from a single sexual act? It is far too early for me to do a test, and at the 12 week mark I plan to get a test done, but right now I cannot stop having anxiety about this.

PLEASE do not lecture me about how I should watch my drinks/not drink so much/etc. I have already been telling myself that for the past week. Right now I am just (hoping) to put some axiety on the back burner until I can get a real accurate test done. I have read that the changes are low for one time HIV+ intercourse (yet still exist).....are they truly that low?