View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 12:46 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: I think I'm overreacting...but how likely that I may have contracted HIV?

Nobody here is going to lecture you on your behaviour, what is done is done and cannot be undone by being lectured about it online. Unfortunately what also cannot been done online is to establish whether you were raped or not. I do feel, personally, that it is very unlikely. But the question remains if you were raped what are the chances of you contracting HIV?

IF you were raped and I must stress the word if, the chances of you contracting HIV from a onetime exposure is low, actually very low. The chances also of the taxi drivers actually having HIV is also extremely low. This entire thing unfortunately revolves around ifs and maybe and unfortunately because of this you cannot be given a defiant answer. Most everybody that comes onto this board remembers every detail of their encounter and as such can be offered very accurate risk assessments but in your case this is not possible.

Basically if you were raped and if the person involved actually had HIV your risk is low. Ultimately this is your call but I see no harm in you testing out. As Apollo advised, have an HIV test at 6 weeks, the result will be very accurate. It is very very unlikely to be positive. In the mean time don’t let your mind run away with itself it is very unlikely you have contracted HIV here. Testing for you is strictly for peace of mind.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 05-03-2012 at 12:50 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
Regretful911 (05-03-2012)