View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 11:45 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: I need help! I am emotionally numb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylviasix View Post
Hi there!

I am new to this board. I have been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Lyme disease. Many, many symptoms over lap in the different diagnoses however I have only heard about emotional numbness with PTSD. I have been emotionally numb for over three years. This was about 6 months after losing my career and home to illness.

My grandfather who raised me died and I couldn't cry. I couldn't feel sadness. My daughter had a child and I didn't feel any joy. I don't feel any connection with the baby and I am ashamed to say that I can not feel love for the baby. I don't know how much longer I can go on like this. I am no longer me. I use to have the best personality but it is gone.

I have a psychiatrist who is aware of this. He is constantly switching my meds but nothing is helping.

Has anyone had this happen to them? If you have gotten better and can feel again can you tell me what helped you? I am so desperate! This is no way to live!

Thank you so much for your time! Many well wishes to you!
Here's the thing with meds....they may or may not work and have the potential to numb a person's feelings.
Of course they don't always place this on the box but when they do it often goes unnoticed.
Please elaborate more and I will do what I can.

Phoenix

The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
sylviasix (05-06-2012)