View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #21
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User
Re: Best way to take away car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luau View Post
Soon, I will be at the state you are at, SOTM, and make the decision and figure out how to take the car away. Worse, I have to figure out how to make it all work when she cannot drive.
It just happened for us, thank God! It would be an impossibility for one of us to take the car away. Him having a minor accident and being taken to a hospital with his car in a parking lot was SO perfect for us. His daughter even brought up that several doctors stated he should not drive when he was wondering about his car. He wanted to hear nothing of it.

The approach I was preparing to take was to disable the car. Then, since it would not start, take it down to a mechanic known and trusted by your wife. Clue him in on it, and even throw him a few bucks to go along with the gag that the car is ruined. Then say we need to save up, or something similar, for another car....or try and talk her into not driving then. Will soemthing like that work for you? Hopefully , but be creative.