View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 12:43 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Introduce myself

Hello jlh1, and welcome to our very special place for stroke survivors.

We are so happy you found us, as we can offer you so much support and information that you really need at this time. The earliest day and weeks are full of so much confusion and concern for everyone involved.

Much of what we can share with you is how normal many of your symptoms are, which can be such a relief when so many things are suddenly very different. There are also things you must seek attention for immediatly, that you need to seek medical help for immediately. Everything around stroke is a matter of time, so anytime you start experiencing anything suspicious, call your doctor, or go right in.

i have to agree with the doctors and any others who told you how lucky you are to be alive. Please be very careful with yourself, as the early days can be very important in you recovery. Do you have someone close enough to you that could be there for you in a minute is needed? Any devices you can use to help yourself remember things like the medication as you mentioned is a good idea.

I can think of a hundred idea of things to share with you, but I do not want to overwhelm you right now. There will be lots of others along to introduce themselves and offer you their support. Take great comfort in the fact that you are here with us now. We will be here to answer any question or concern you have.Don't be afraid to ask anything that comes to mind, even if it is 3 am or midnight. We have members here from all over the world to help.

Again, welcome to the stroke board. We are so glad to have you..

writeleft

The Following User Says Thank You to writeleft For This Useful Post:
jlh1 (05-05-2012)