View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 06:25 AM   #1
(female)

Aubrey278 HB UserAubrey278 HB UserAubrey278 HB UserAubrey278 HB User
Unhappy Can't file a new claim!

I tried to file a new SSDI claim in April but was told I can't because I have no recent work history. I have a case pending at the appeals council and from reading the boards, I thought it would be better to file a new claim. It took a long time to fill out the application just to be denied.
Things are not going well as I will be evicted next week. My family is not supportive as they don't understand chronic depression at all. They just tell me to get a job time and time again. One even asked if I would have to take antidepressants for the rest of my life after my first suicide attempt. Duh! for her there is a stigma I guess. I don't think most people understand how debilitating depression is or otherwise the judge, courts, my family would not be so antagonistic. I wish I had a disability that you could see. If I had MS or the like no one would question me. I saw a psychotherapist a few times but I stopped seeing her after she tried to convince me that even in a homeless state you have choices: either you can live in your car or live in shelter, so cheer up!!! It was like asking if I wanted to be bitten by a rattlesnake or a python. Thanks for reading