View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User
Re: Am I Doing the Right Thing?

Just want to add more thoughts.
My pastor did tell his church members that we should be careful not to be hurt mentally if there is real damage. So we need to keep a distance from the people who do great damage to our mental health or physical health.
That said, we are still Christians and need to forgive and love the enemy. Love is the greatest command. Cutting off the "enemy" esp. family is not a good idea. You can pray and forgive and try to tolerate the family. You cannot change the people with mental issues. That you cannot. I cannot draw a line for my sister and tell her if she does not do this, I won't see her. She won't change. What does that get me? I keep a distance so I am not emotionally damaged by her as the old me when I was younger, but I still keep her as my sister. Some distance but it does not mean I cut her off or damage her.... No revenge for sure...
It is hard but we as Christians should try to forgive the enemy in the family.

Hugs,
Nina

Last edited by ninamarc; 05-05-2012 at 12:48 PM.