View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: question about confusion and short term memory?

I can safely say that most all of your new issues are stroke related. I clearly remember how scared I was, not having the advantage of being able to speak with anyone about it made it worse. That is exactly why we come back, to save others from that horrible sense of loss and fear. When our lives take a total change from one moment to the next, how else can we feel?

Each day can be different, and things will come back together the same way...some days you will really have it, some days you wont. It may be your speech, your memory, your ability to organize or to bake a cake. It could be all of those things, or any combination. Over time, things will gradually shift towards becoming better, a bit at a time. It is best not to focus on one thing or the other as being better or worse, it is the whole person that will one day be the new you.

Most of us here tend to think about themselves pre-stroke and post stroke. I never returned to how I was pre stroke, the new me is different in so many ways...more patient, more positive, more at ease with myself, much more appreciative, etc. While the stroke itself did not have as much to do with those things, the act of recovery did.

It was in recovery that I learned so much about myself that I would have never been challenged enough to find out without it.

good day!
janet

The Following User Says Thank You to writeleft For This Useful Post:
jlh1 (05-06-2012)