View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: Trying to get help

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivera View Post
Do these people have no compassion or desire to help those seeking help before it is too late?
Hello srivera.

I can really relate to your situation and I've wondered the same thing myself. I think it really depends on who you're talking to. As frustrating as it is, the next person you call may be much more compassionate and helpful. In my experience, some people really go the extra mile to help me while others treat me more like a number in the database.

Are you trying to see a psychiatrist or a GP? If it's the former, I would expect the wait list to be much shorter for a GP. Something else you could try is asking them to call you if someone cancels and there's a time you could come in sooner than August 14th. You could even call once a week to check to see if there are any new openings available.

Have you called your insurance company about places you can to in your area?