View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 04:14 AM   #9
Veteran
(male)

goingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB User
Re: question about confusion and short term memory?

G’Day jlhi,
Hope you and your loved ones are as well as can be. I had a clot in the brain stem on the 18/03/10. I was left with no movement and complete numbness down the right side of my body.
From day one I have a hard time controlling my emotions; I liken them to a roll a coaster. At first my emotions would change from, crying to laughing uncontrollable, faster than the speed of sound. I’d forget what I had been doing a minute previously.
Over time the control over my emotions has improved, and so slowly getting better. The memory has been on the mend also, I’m starting to recall basic maths, had studied surveying for two years after I’d finished school. I still search for words whilst talking to people, I know the word but it doesn’t seem to come out when I want it, but that’s improving also.
I found hesitating whist speaking most people would finish the sentence off for me, thinking they were helping me. This couldn’t be farther from the truth; I soon put a stop to that. Correcting the pronunciation of words I always appreciated, some time you can’t hear or realise how your pronouncing certain words.
At first I thought my life was over. A Close friend who was a stroke saviour himself and all the wonderful people at this Place gave me hope, courage and strength to carry on keeping on.
The friend that was a stroke saviour said to me “do you like the way you are now, stop trying, and that’s how you’ll stay the rest of your life”.
I hope keep on recovering and keep in touch. Always the very best.
George.

The Following User Says Thank You to goingtorun For This Useful Post:
jlh1 (05-13-2012)