View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
(female)

Itsy83 HB User
About to have surgery & scared!

Hi, I am 29 and I live in Tennessee with my boyfriend and my son.

I have been having problems with constant pelvic and leg pain that seems to worsen during my period. I recently found out that my uterus is enlarged (about the size of someone who would be 6 weeks pregnant) and that I may also have endometriosis and possible uterine prolapse. I was also informed of a cyst right inside the opening of my vagina. I am scheduled for surgery May 22 (yikes! It's just around the corner!) and I am terrified! I feel really alone and just worrying myself to death over having surgery. I had a c-section with my son back in 2004 but it was emergency surgery and I didn't have time to sit and freak out about it. Plus I had family close by which probably makes things easier. My friends and family are 12 hours away from me now.

I am very thankful to have my boyfriend beside me through this. He's very sweet an seems to understand me not feeling good all the time. I am also thankful for my mom since she had endometriosis and an enlarged uterus and went through a hysterectomy years ago. She understands what I am going through. She's just too far away!

Is there anyone out there experiencing similar problems? I am so emotionally overwhelmed!