View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #14
(male)

retrostar1000 HB User
Re: Difficulty/Restricted Breathing

Twiggle66- Sorry to hear you are suffering. I have had similar symptoms since Sept 2008. It came on gradually but after a week it was full blown and I could barely catch my breath. I was bedridden for 9 weeks straight, no relief at all. It felt like breathing through a tiny straw. My lips would turn blue, fingers and toes go numb. I went to the ER several times, they could do nothing about it. One doctor told me it would eventually go away on its own. That was almost 4 years ago. IT DID GET BETTER, HOWEVER, although not completely. I still have trouble breathing but it is not as bad as before. It is still debilitating and I can't really do much anymore. Sometimes I feel awesome and my breathing is great, but it is rare. I usually am wheezing and trying to suck air down, and I yawn alot. Once this year and once last year I had such a bad attack I had to go to the ER again! It feels like you are going to die. I know what you are going through. Some advice for you- it does seem to get better, despite how bad it seems. It won't kill you, either. I am convinced it is caused by the stomach acid refluxing and irritating the lining of my esophagus, causing it to spasm and contract. That's what it feels like when I can barely breath- my throat gets a warm sensation, and I can never breath right when it is happening. I am trying Protonix next week. A coworker had nightmare reflux symptoms- she was in tears frequently- and she made a full recovery. You have to keep trying different treatments, thats all you can do. Don't give up. It will get better somehow