View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 03:20 PM   #1
(female)

astralweeks HB User
Unhappy Autoimmune disease, but which one?

Hello all, I am new here. I just wanted to post about what's going on with me. I have a PCP appointment Tuesday and I am calling first thing tomorrow morning for an appointment with a rheumatologist.

I went to the ER Thursday after a lot of odd symptoms. I've had random fevers off and on for months now, and just recently started experiencing pain and swelling in the joints in my hands and wrists, plus a cough I've had on and off for a while. I developed a rad, spotty rash on my lower legs, I've experienced hairloss over the last year or so, swelling in the ankles and serious fatigue. The ER doc suggested I may be suffering from an autoimmune disease and ran some blood work.

I got a call with the results Friday. High sed rate and CRNP. Negative Rheumatoid Factor but positive ANA, 1160 nucleolar pattern 1:160. Some other tests were being ran as of Friday from there, including a sjogren's panel, and a lot of other things I'm not terribly familiar with. I read a nucleolar pattern is often indicative of scleroderma but I don't really have any of those symptoms. I should mention a positive family history for Lupus (my aunt) and in researching, my symptoms seem to match Lupus a lot more than scleroderma.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and ask if anyone wants to weigh in. I do have the appointments and I have heard many good things about this rheumy (I work in a hospital and he came personally recommended). Thank you for listening and having a board like this to discuss.