View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
(female)

nofxroxx HB User
Unhappy Worried about possible mental disorder? Imaginary people?

Alright, I have been doing some research on this for a couple days but I can not find any answers. It's been getting pretty bad lately and I need to know if I should seek professional help.

I have NEVER told ANYONE this before. I have been living with this since I was a kid. So I'm going to just get it all out now. So, like I said, ever since I was a kid, I have been having imaginary conversations with people who are not there. It's kind of hard to explain, but I KNOW these people are not real, but I talk to them like they are standing right next to me.

How do I say this... I don't hear voices in my head, but it's almost like what I want them to say, pops in my head, then I answer them out loud. it's almost like the things he or she is asking me/saying to me, are things that I can answer that would result in me venting about what I'm dealing with. Here's an example:

*Thought in my head as my friend sitting next to me*: So are you going to see Joe again?
Me (out loud): Answer..

This is mostly problems that I am facing in life...mostly with men...and the imaginary people are always people who I know, like my best friend. I will just be "answering her" even though she's not there...This can also be a happy, every day conversation with the person. It's like they are just sitting right next to me and I'm conversing with them. I feel psycho!

I was diagnosed with ADD in 4th grade (I am 24 now) but that probably has nothing to do with it. I have a very analytic mind. I CONSTANTLY over analyze and re-analyze situations, conversations etc. I thought that was normal being a woman and all... My mind races at night about my problems (again, mostly men) Constant ruminating thoughts about the same things....can anyone help? I feel like it's been getting worse over the years. I can not help this...it just comes out. I even do it in public when no one is looking...but very, very,very discreetly. It's always inaudible and little mouth movements.

Again, can anyone please help? Hope it all makes sense

Last edited by nofxroxx; 05-14-2012 at 03:58 PM.