View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User
Re: She aint heavy Shes my mom-Support Groups out there?

Hello Matt
God Bless ya for taking such good care of your mom. My heart goes out to you.
You defenetly need some help to relieve you and give you a little freedom. Being a care giver is not an easy job and one that can take its toll on a person.
When you mentioned your brothers are no help and they tried to blame you. Im so sorry for that. Blaming someone for a problem we should be helping with, makes the guilt a little less for that person. Its just not right and you and your mom deserve better.
I dont know of any support groups. Please research everything on the net and see whats available to you. Are their any neighbours or friends of you mom who would be willing to help out for an hour or two.
This stroke board is a great support group and Im glad you found us. dont apologize for rambling that is what we are here for. We are great listeners, we have big shoulders and we are all stroke survivors so we may have some helpful hints also. Please continue to post and let us know how your doing.
God Bless Mulchie