View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
(female)

Blondie85 HB User
Time to see a rheumatologist?

Hi, new to the site but was hoping to get some advice. Went to my primary for what I thought was a stomach virus - doctor thought it might be IBS. Clean colonoscopy and some slight inflammation in my esophagus. My abdomen is still hurting and now the rest of my body is as well.

Blood work came back: sed rate 60 two weeks ago, he took it again and it's at 70.
This second time he did a few others:
Ana positive - 1:640 titer
C-reactive protein 2.4

My doctor keeps ordering imaging tests to look for tumors, then saying it could just be an infection, but then in the same breath says it might be lupus. Which I understand is extremely tough to diagnose, but I'm feeling a lot worse each day.

I was wondering if I should consider going to see a rheumatologist and whether or not it might be lupus? I have fatigue, joint pain, hair loss off and on, chest pain, numbness in my hands and legs - and now this weird stomach thing (which I'm told makes an autoimmune diagnosis extremely unlikely). But I feel like my doctor just keeps giving me more tests and drawing more blood with these abnormal results and then doing nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!