Thread: Regular food
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User
Re: Regular food

He eats everything for now, being fed or not. We really have to see what is going on tomorrow. Now he eats in the west wing so things are quieter there.
Today he was still eating at 1:30pm when we called him. They do have lunch from 12pm to 1pm.

I guess as long as he can eat everything, it is fine. I think it is his hands that he has trouble with. Not the food although he prefers the sweet. You would be amazed: every time he sees the sweet stuff after he tries, his eyes light up like kids! It is like he found the treasure... He would make trouble to pick up the sweet stuff, but not the regular food like mashed potato (the color is white anyway...) He knows apple sauce is good. Puff too. Watermelon is OK.

So I guess as long as he eats, it is good!

On the phone, he no longer talks well now. Just hello or bye. Not sure he knows how to use the phone - the voice is too soft now. (Not talking to the phone.)
He is declining now and within a year, he will be very different.
The director did say it is some change that he only picks up sweet stuff.

Nina

Last edited by ninamarc; 05-19-2012 at 08:13 PM.