View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
(female)

Succinite HB UserSuccinite HB User
Lightbulb Peroneal Tendon Subluxation ?

Hi

I'm still recovering from an ankle sprain about a month ago, and physical therapy seems to be helping a lot. However, I feel like I may have an underlying problem that no one at the orthopedic clinic has addressed. All along, I've not been dealing with a doctor, but his assistant. I had mentioned my ankle making a 'popping' noise at the time of the injury, and then complained for a week that it seemed like something was slipping and popping in my ankle causing a LOT of pain, even in the middle of the night. I asked if this was caused by a tendon slipping or something, and he just replied, "Yeah, probably." This answer didn't really satisfy me, so I've been doing a lot of research on the internet, and am positive, from the location and the symptoms, that it was a peroneal tendon subluxation. I'm just wondering why he didn't mention this or even address my concerns.

I've been in a boot for a couple of weeks now, and that seems to have stopped the popping and grinding, but then again, I haven't been walking normally or doing any strenuous activity, so I'm worried this problem might 'pop' up again, pun intended. From what I've read, in many cases this can't be repaired without surgery, or can become a long-term recurring condition, so I'm a bit concerned. Do you think I should question the PA about this further, or am I worrying for nothing?