Thread: very scared
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
(male)

cafy1000 HB User
very scared

Hi,

I am new to this site. I am a 34 year old male, and at the recommendation of my doctor I had a colonoscopy done five days ago. I had some bleeding after wiping after going to the bathroom and some blood in the stool but no other symptoms. I work out 4 times a week and feel good. After the colonoscopy, the doctor said he had removed 3 polyps and one was potentially cancerous. Luckilly, the cancer was not attached to the colon, so he said he got it on time. However, he called two days ago and said that even though the cancer on the polyp was not attached, it was so close (2 mm) that he wants me to have a colon resection. Basically, he feels he got all the cancer out, but he wants to be sure that there are no "molecular cells" still there. I have an appointment with the general surgeon next Thursday to discuss the procedure, and I will hopefully have surgery shortly after. I am scared out of my mind! I still don't understand why I need surgery to detect if they got all the cancer out. I can't do anything but worry and wonder. Let's say they did not get everything and there are still "molecular cells." What then? Am I going to die? My wife, who is a pharmacist, keeps telling me everything will be fine. But I am just scared out of my mind. Has anyone experienced what I have described? I really need some advice.

thanks