View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 12:55 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB User
Re: Peroneal Tendon Subluxation ?

It definitely sounds like peroneal tendon subluxation! The part where you say popping over the laterral malleolus and pain going up your calf. The peroneal tendons originate off your peroneal muscles that are located on the lateral or outside lower leg. Tendons attach muscle to bone (ligaments bone to bone) and so one of the peroneal tendons, the short (brevis) one attaches to your 5th metatarsal. The long (longus) peroneal tendon goes under your foot and over and attaches to your first metatarsal underneath. So I can see where you would have pain there. I did too and still do because of knots all in my peroneal muscles from the injuries. You may have knots too. Look at about a 45 degree angle between your shin and your lateral lower leg and about 2-3 inches below your knee and see if anything is knotted up. PT is working hard on mine. They are so bad I can't cross that leg over my good leg because it hits one of those knots and radiates pain down into my ankle which I can't tolerate! Oh and you said you get pain with dorsiflexion. Also what the peroneals do. They dorsiflexion and evert (turn the foot out) the foot. The inversion pain is from your ligaments that haven't been repaired yet. Keep icing and elevating and definitely grill the PA Tues and/or ask to the see doctor! Let us know how it goes! I go back to the doctor Tues too!

The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood48 For This Useful Post:
Succinite (05-28-2012)