View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #16
(female)

balloonbash HB User
Re: electric/shock sensation while falling asleep?

Thank you so much for getting back to me. My story is that first, I've had these symptoms for over a year and a half now. I've been to neurologists, hospitals, had MRI's done, sleep study, pretty much everything.
I don't want to scare you, but when I first started to get them, on the first two weeks I had it every night. I woke up to a feeling like I was going to faint, my brain felt very tired and then the electrical shocks started, with the nausia, ringing in the ears, etc...

Two weeks of this led me to the emergency room with a minor heart attack. I was only 36 years old. The lack of sleep just got to me and my heart couldn't take it anymore.

In the hospital, they gave me an MRI and found a leigion in the area of the brain that has to do with sleep. I suggest to you to check that because I believe that this is what's causing all this. I believe it, even though the doctors were telling me that this leigion shouldn't be giving me these symptoms. Although, my family doctors said it's definately a possibility.

I also had an Engiogram done and that turned out fine, so I knew that what happened to my heart was because I couldn't take it anymore.

Now the electric sensations are stronger then they were, I get weird visions when I close my eyes, so I turn on the light and even the TV because I am so scared to close them. The nausia gets stronger too after the electricity feelings fade. I go through these waves for about an hour at the minimum. Sometimes even several hours.

The sleep study showed nothing. I actually had some of these symptoms during it, but nothing showed on the monitors so obviously this was the wrong test to do.

I definately do not believe that this is related to anxiety or panic. This is definately real, and not psycological. When so many people around you tell you that that's what it is, then sometimes it's hard to stand your ground and keep in the belief that it isn't anxiety. Don't let people get to you. I have another friend who has these symptoms, she also started getting them after she had a minor heart attack and she is afraid to even talk about them.

I have another MRI scheduled for next month. This will be the second MRI since they found that Leigion so we will see what happens.

Just like you, I am terrified to go to bed every night because I never know when I am going to wake up to this "kick" in the head feeling and then the nighmare.

Thank you so much for writing to me.

Last edited by moderator2; 05-28-2012 at 06:50 PM.