View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
(male)

matt2911 HB User
Caregiver Problems

Hi guys I just want to throw out a few problems that I am seeing and need some input. This is regarding our new caregiver of about 6 months.

At first we got along well and communicated well. Then I started seeing different things that did not make sense. Mom just came out of the rehab facility after a stroke and was not too talkative. We had a few scares here and there with seizures and falls etc. But more to the point I was told that my mom was dehydrated at a recent hospital visit. They gave her intrvenous fluids and treated any other problems. I have come to believe that the caretaker is slaking off of giving fluids on some days (when she is busy either sleeping in the day or talking to her friends on her new I phone). When I question her about any problem, She always denies any wrongdoing at all. Most times she tries to throw blame back at me even getting upset and arguing with me.

Here comes the sticky part, when I complain to the power of attorney, He tells Her what I said. Then She gets mad at me later when she sees me. She starts to complain about the things that I do wrong and then tells the POA as well. Being the Son of Mom I feel it is my duty to notify the POA, if I notice any problems (limiting my complaints now due to the situation).

I have contacted Elder Abuse agency but they cannot do anything unless she is a resident at a rest home. They advised me to contact the police to do a "safety Check" at the house. I did this one time and she looked really guilty like she was responsible for some cuts & bruises on Mom. This may be started by my Moms protests and verbal assaults on us which happen at times.

I just want to be clear most of my evidence is circumstantial with little or no support from Mom (I dont know why?)

I hesitate to contact Adult protective services due to my lack of evidence. Maybe I just want to back off of my complaints for now to keep some peace. If I think of more to write I will later, Thanks for listening (and letting me Vent)
Matt2911

Last edited by matt2911; 05-28-2012 at 04:13 PM. Reason: spelling

The following user gives a hug of support to matt2911:
Phoenix (06-17-2012)