Thread: IBS 20yr Misery
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #1
(female)

LouAnn53 HB UserLouAnn53 HB User
IBS 20yr Misery

This may be a long thread, but my so called IBS is 20yrs. I am 59 years old and have been suffering for about 20yrs. Here is how is goes: I get the urge to have a bowel movement, visit the bathroom and relieve myself. No pain, no problem. About 20 min to 1/2 hour later, I once again get the urge to visit the bathroom again....this time I have a little intestinal pain, and bowels are a little softer. I finish this visit and again about 1/2 hour later I visit the bathroom again, intestinal pain is growing more intense with each visit. To make a long story short, I visit the bathroom every half hour for around three to four hours, BUT have no more bowels to pass, and my intestinal track is having extremely intense spasms trying to pass bowel that is no longer there. The pain is my lower stomach is as severe as childbirth, my rectum is trying to push out something that is NOT there. The pain is enough to make me want to scream as though I am having a baby. I know the pain of childbirth. I had a colonoscopy 9 years ago and they removed two non-cancerous polyps and told me to come back in 10yrs. I currently am taking 60mg of dicyclomine when I get an attack. I have lost no weight. I do have bright red blood in the toilet and blame this on hemmorids. Does anyone have any of these severe spastic colon symptoms??