View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 05:30 AM   #1
(male)

MM1027 HB User
Swelling of perineum during erection? Trouble with urination?

Hi I've been to several urologists, who all say they can't find anything wrong. I'm a 22 year old male and basically these are my symptoms.

- swelling of perineum during erection, if I'm sitting down I immediately start feeling the swelling occur, during and not during masturbation, any time an erection is present while sitting down I feel it. However, no pain of any kind, just a swelling sensation.

- Urinating has taken a consistent downward spiral over the last 4 years. It used to be slightly more difficult to go, then it became hard to get the pressure up to get a stream started and the pressure during the stream would be strong then weak then strong then weak. Now it's somewhat difficult to get a stream started, have to constantly push to keep the stream strong, it feels like something is "blocking it" and I can never get it to 100% strength, the stream still goes strong then weak strong then weak.

And most annoying of all after finishing urination it doesn't feel like I'm finished! So I have to stand there and push more, and low and behold more urine comes out. And not just little drops but sometimes full streams.

Sometimes when I walk away it'll still feel like there's urine in my penis and I may even sometimes go back and push some more. I'll wake up in the morning and my penis will slightly burn because I can feel there's left over urine from when I went to sleep inside of it. I basically go to sleep these days still feeling like I slightly have to urinate or "get it all out".

And it never feels like there's urine left over in my bladder, it always feels like it's right where my penis begins and throughout to the tip. After finishing urinating, I'll squeeze my penis from the bottom to the tip, without pushing, and sometimes i can even get a full stream to come out then.

This is extremely worrying as I'm only 22!

I had a cystoscope done showing nothing, several prostate checks showing nothing, My urine retention (where they do the check with the electronic device scanning your bladder) has been nothing, I recently had an MRI or something of my abdomen/bladder and there were no kidney stones or bladder stones or any of that.

I was scheduled to do a pressure test and never got around to it. I have never been known to have any STD or UTI, though it's possible at one point I may have had gonorrhea but I was never diagnosed or by the time I got checked out, 4-6 months after the unprotected sex it had passed (and that was when i was 18), which I'm wondering if that had anything to do with it? It is around when this problem began.

Or if back when I was 18 I started working my pubwhatever muscle to help with premature ejaculation. by starting to urinate then stopping abruptly mid-stream.

Is it possible I have a cyst or a tumor in that area, and it's growing? or something? The problem only seems to be getting worse.

The last urologist said maybe when trying that start stop technique, my body started tightening that muscle up and it screwed things up, and that maybe Uroxatral would help loosen it back up again.

So I was prescribed Uroxatral which is the muscle relaxer for the prostate and bladder, I didn't notice much of a difference and if there was one, it was minimal. Though I never took it on a constant basis, However, it's short acting, so I'd assume it wouldn't matter?

And as far as I know the swelling of the perineum seems to be a new development over the last 6-12 months. As well as the exceptional amount of extra pushing and going to sleep still feeling like I have to urinate some.

Anyone have any ideas?

Big thanks.

Last edited by MM1027; 06-01-2012 at 05:46 AM.