View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

lake county HB Userlake county HB Userlake county HB User
Looking for advice

I dont know if i am on the right thread, but i have a question about potential acetaminophen and ibprofen damage. I have been taking lately, 3 to 5 grams of acet. a day. And maybe the same amount of ibprofin a day. Some of it comes from my pain medication, and the nsaids are for swelling. I know i am pushing the limits, but its the only thing that gives me relief. There are some days i dont need as much, but i usually do. Im 25 now and since I was 16 i have had been on and off of pain meds. Most days I wouldnt take anything, other days Id take 8 5/500 vicodins at a time. And in a day ive been known to take up to 20 5/500s. Now im on 10/325 and i dont nearly take as much. But i do still take it. I just wanted to know if this could raise a problem. I heard drinking sets the bar at how harmful it can be, but i dont drink at all. I dont smoke. I just take pills because i have a bad hand injury. I want some insight to how these meds affect the liver and i can address the stomach issue on another thread. Thank you all for any kind of words of wisdom. -joey